Alliant Health Solutions, Inc.
Alliant Health Group is a family of companies that provides professional services supporting the effective administration of healthcare programs and funding to support healthcare improvement initiatives. Alliant Health Solutions provides Federal and state government entities with the services, expertise and information systems necessary to increase the effectiveness, accessibility and value of health care. For the 12th time in 15 years, Alliant Health Solutions (AHS),has been named one of the "2023 Best Places to Work” by the Atlanta Business Chronicle. Alliant was also named one of the "2023 Healthiest Employers” for the third consecutive year.
This position is remote, the candidate must be located in Delaware.
Currently, the Company seeks a Behavioral Specialist, assignment ending September 29, 2025.
The Behavioral Specialist is a member of a professional multi-disciplinary team responsible for supporting the operations of the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) funded contract for the Center of Excellence for Behavioral Health in Nursing Facilities (COE-NF). The Behavioral Specialist will be responsible for outreach, technical assistance and training coordination for nursing facilities requesting consultation around Serious Mental Illness (SMI), Substance Use Disorders (SUD), and Co-occurring Disorders (COD). This engage will influence positive change within nursing facilities to provide for improved care, safety, and wellbeing of residents with mental health and/or substance use disorders. This position is a grant funded assignment ending September 29, 2025.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Engage, improve, and advance mental health and substance use services in long-term care facilities in assigned regions
- Conduct outreach to nursing facilities to initiate engagement with COE-NF program and services.
- Assess, coach and guide nursing home facilities with quality improvement methodology that is data driven
- Network, develop and maintain relationships with nursing facilities through the end of the improvement initiative
- Facilitate and respond to training inquiries received through the COE-NF channels
- Answer incoming calls received from the COE-NF call center
- Respond to consultations for technical assistance from nursing facilities within specified time frames
- Engage state, local, national and federal organizations to promote the work of the COE-NF
- Collaborate with Program Manager and Category Subject Matter Experts, to coordinate trainings and provide technical assistance
- Complete written reports of consultation results and interventions
- Practice rapid cycle improvement techniques in daily work
- Monitor and track timely data entry (within 48 hours) within designated Alliant Customer Relationship Management (CRM) or CMS system to document technical assistance/trainings and consultations with long term care facility and community outreach.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
- Behaves in a customer-service oriented and positive manner with internal and external customers, at all levels of the organization
- Ensure quality work and always improve work product and services
- Adhere to department and company policies and procedures, and compliance programs
- Travel Required up to (20%)
- Perform other tasks, projects and duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of, and experience in, the field of substance use and/or mental health services
- Knowledge and awareness of mental health and/or substance use evidenced-based best practices and emerging trends
- Ability to create and maintain critical relationships with organizations and work to improve and enhance substance use treatment processes
- Knowledge and experience with quality improvement methodology
- Knowledge and experience with using Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook and Internet browsers
- Ability to interpret data
- Experience in group facilitation and presentations
- Ability to express ideas and convey information quickly and effectively in a verbal and written manner.
- Ability to think creatively, analyze problems, and find innovative approaches to problem resolution.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to function independently with minimal supervision, yet able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Must be detail oriented and self-directed, with the ability to maintain confidentiality of information, work well with individuals at all levels, and be flexible in work assignments
- Ability to travel as needed by driving in a car or flying on an airplane to company and customer locations as needed or required
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND TRAINING Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in social science or other related discipline or
- Certified substance use or mental health credential in state of residence
- Minimum of five (5) years of mental health and/or substance use experience
- Master’s degree
- Five (5) years of working in long-term care a plus
- Six sigma or project coordination/management training a plus
Essential duties are routinely conducted in professional remote or field locations. The role may require work at a station/desk and routinely requires use of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers/scanners, fax machines, printers, and filing cabinets. Duties may require use of transportation to attend meetings or conduct duties outside of the remote office. Must be able to regularly remain in a stationary position and occasionally move about the office to access office machinery and facilities. Occasionally must be able to move/transport materials weighing up to 30 pounds, as well as position self to access files, equipment and work materials. This role frequently communicates to internal and external resources both verbally and written, via face-to-face, electronic and telephonic media. Must be able to understand and exchange accurate information in these situations, as well as translate into action. Short-term and long-term memory, abstract reasoning and decision making may be required on a regular basis. Core office, business operational hours may be required.
ADA/ADAAA/SECTION 503 NOTIFICATION:
Alliant Health Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), should you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a currently open position with Alliant Health Solutions, please send your salary requirements and resume to the contact information listed above. EEO Employer F/M/Veteran/Disabled.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is designed to cover or contain a comprehensive, but not all-inclusive, listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :